At Beijing BISS International School, our mission is to empower our students to attain personal excellence and?positively impact the world.
To achieve our mission, students need to be given real, authentic learning opportunities to serve others and take action to help make the world a better place for everybody. IB learners strive?to be caring members of the community who demonstrate a personal commitment to service, and act to make a positive difference to the lives of others and to the environment.
365bet取款365bet 网址Hence, the purpose of BISS On The Road?is to provide these types of experiences for our students to develop their sense of self and personal and global responsibility. Students are presented with this opportunity?through our Service As Action programme in the Middle Years Programme (MYP),?and our Creativity, Action, and Service (CAS) programme in the Diploma Programme (DP).
Using the subject area knowledge and learning skills gained through our courses, students will help to plan and engage in activities during this ‘school without walls week’. Students' participation at every grade level in BISS On The Road?is meant?to strengthen their understanding of?the implications of their actions?in a service learning experience.
In the Elementary School, authentic, experiential learning is at the heart of quality education. From Pre-K to Grade 5, we embrace opportunities to relinquish daily schedules and explore the world as our classroom.? As a week-long inquiry, BISS on the Road can be a transformative in a child’s life. Students have opportunities to develop:
- skills and understandings that transcend subject areas. For example, by preparing their own meals, students may apply mathematical, language, fine motor and social skills to achieve success.
- independence, as they complete tasks that might otherwise be done for them, such as buying subway tickets, shopping for food, managing their own needs and organising belongings.
- resilience and self-esteem is enhanced as they face unfamiliar settings, encounter?new problems and experience distance from family. In this,?students have an opportunity to conquer fears and overcome physical and psychological challenges.
- deep friendships and?closer bonds with classmates and a cohesive class community, built on the foundation of shared experiences, collaborative endeavours and lasting memories.
- an understanding that learning is not limited to school, but occurs every day in the real world, thus developing lifelong habits of inquiry.
- knowledge of the rich culture of our host city, by exploring local architecture and natural landmarks in Beijing and its surroundings.
- an appreciation of the natural environment, and an understanding of how to be caring and?responsible custodians of the Earth.